The Pretty Price Check: The Friday round-up of how much we paid for beauty this week.
- No, your razor does not need to be pink to work on your legs. But Consumer Reports research shows that drugstore products aimed at women cost 50 percent more than equal-but-cheaper goods marketed for men. (Via Bitch.)
- That New Baby Smell shouldn’t be due to the fact that a new Environmental Working Group study found fragrance chemicals (and over 200 other synthetics like Bisphenol-A and flame retardant) in the cord blood of minority newborns.
- Primer road-test over at Double X concludes that yes, you do need something between you and your foundation. You know. If you want to wear foundation.
- The Tokyo Nail Show is completely insane, via Beauty Counter. Goodness, I do enjoy nail art. And looking is free.
- In other beauty pageant news, a former Miss Argentina died last Sunday due to complications following butt implant surgery. (Via: The Punch.)
- And we’ve still got nothing on women in Iran, where makeup is illegal. (Along with most other personal freedoms.)
PS. Best Day! You can also follow me on Twitter now, where I’ll be checking the price of pretty all week long.
[Photo: Psychology Today]