The Pretty Price Check: Your Friday round-up of what we paid for beauty last week.
- $263.95 is what you’ll pay when you buy your own gastric bypass kit on Amazon.com (yep, that’s it pictured above). As per The Hairpin: “It doesn’t seem to come with any instructions, but that should be fairly straightforward.”
- 50 miles: Is how far a British woman travels to get her eyebrows done. At first I was like, OMG. Then I was like, remember how you still travel nearly two hours to see your old hair stylist in NYC? Oh. Guess I better not judge. But eyebrow lady and I seem to be in the minority, because BellaSugar readers have voted that their max beauty-related travel time is 30 to 60 minutes.
- Option 3 (the navy/black henley-style wool/cashmere sweater) was the winner in our Dress Virginia Poll. Sorry toggle-lovers. That’s democracy in action.
Important Interweb Things That Don’t Have Numbers Attached:
- No More Dirty Looks wants you to get dirty. But they mean the sweaty kind, not the toxic chemical kind. Enter their No Soap Challenge, go five or more days without soap (obvs) and you could win a $100 gift certificate to natural beauty mecca NobuNau. Oh I guess there was a number in this one after all. As you guys know, I’m freaked about the no-soap thing, plus I’m already only wearing six items of clothing… but I’m working up my nerve to give this a try.
- I Came To Run wants to Embrace You. This awesome blog about running, yoga and body image has launched an awesome project called Embrace:Me where you can share your stories about learning to love your body, to help other people love theirs. That’s a lot of love and I’m loving it. Click the link for details and send your story to icametorun (at) gmail (dot) com.
- Attention!Employees announces Breast Awareness Days. Because, the more you know.
[Photo: Medline Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass — DYNJS0303 via Amazon. Boy, I’d like this to be Amazon getting into the hospital-supplier biz. Except I’m not sure you should go to a hospital that orders supplies off Amazon, no matter how much they save on shipping.]