The Pretty Price Check: Your Friday round-up of how much we paid for beauty this week.
- 5 year old makeup guru Madison is a YouTube sensation that is equal parts hilarious and disturbing. See phrases like “I really love this brush for blending foundation” coming out of a little baby face. I still love this kid even more, though. Via BellaSugar.
- $70 unworn sweatpants were destroyed upon return to Victoria’s Secret, reports The Hairpin. Look, VS, I think pants that say “Pink” on the butt are hella tacky too, but that kind of waste is stomach-churning.
- 30 percent of anorexia sufferers never recover, say some experts. But as this New York Times story points out, the definition of “recovery” is vague at best.
- 50 percent of girls aged 3 to 6 think they’re fat, reports Sadie Stein over on Jezebel. I’m just going to have to let that one sink in. It’s a little too sad for witty banter.
- $6000 jaw shaving surgery is becoming all the rage among China’s new middle-class says the New York Times. More fun news: China’s new plastic surgery industry is highly unregulated, leading one expert to call it a “medical disaster zone.”
And for those of you still coming down from the Royal Wedding pageantry high — Peggy Orenstein has your antidote.
PS. I’ll be taking Monday off in honor of the other headline-making event happening this weekend — my 30th birthday! See you Tuesday with new Never Say Diet action.