The Pretty Price Check: Your Friday round-up of how much we paid for beauty this week.
- 32 percent of teenage girls have used a tanning bed in the past year, and 81 percent report tanning outside, despite hearing all the time that the sun will make you old and wrinkly before your time (and oh yeah, skin cancer). Hear that? It’s the sound of a thousand dermatologists banging their heads against a wall as they realize their existence is futile. (Via MedicineNet.)
- Nutritionist to the stars Natalia Rose eats around 1776 calories per day — all of them vegetables, according to this Marie Claire piece on what nutritionists eat. Maybe that doesn’t sound soo crazy, but oh yeah, she also doesn’t consume anything until after dark because: “I believe that we take our vitality predominantly from the air, sunlight, and clean water, so I don’t take anything but this ‘life force energy’ until the sun goes down.” Oy.
- Proctor & Gamble stands to reap a cool $7 billion if women fall for their new Have You Tried This? campaign, reports The Beheld. People, have I taught you nothing about upselling? A Fortune 500 company is not your best girlfriend showing off her new lip gloss.
- Siobhan came up with 10 awesome things to do with coconut oil over on No More Dirty Looks. Basically, you should slather it everywhere. Except maybe your face if you’re prone to breakouts.
- All of the fat that you get sucked out in liposuction will return within one year, says new research. But twist! It pops up in fun new places, like those Whack-A-Mole games at arcades. (Via the New York Times.)