iVillage pulled me off the body image beat again last week so I could bring you these two breaking news stories:
- While Michele Bachman believes a woman can be President (I mean, as far as we can tell from her campaign efforts) but she sure doesn’t think it’s okay for a girl to do something crazy, like call a boy up for a date.
- Nearly 1 in 5 American women have been sexually assaulted, and other fun facts to know and tell from the government’s new National Intimate Partners and Sexual Violence Survey.
And while I’m throwing links at you, here are a few other articles of mine that came out recently(-ish) and are making the rounds of the interweb. Click, link, love, etc.
- Prevention: Best Treatments and Styles for Thinning Hair — we also talk about the stigma attached to losing your hair. Hello body image can o’ worms!
- O: The Oprah Magazine: Dress Well At Any Age: The Right Way to Break Fashion Rules. Okay, so there’s a smart argument to be made against the whole concept of fashion rules and who can and can’t wear certain looks. (See my thoughts re: bikini bodies for a refresher.) But mostly I love this story because of Andrea’s gorgeous all-gray hair at age 31 and Jennifer who wears all vintage, all the time.
- More: Your New Job Security Starts Here. Why I maybe need to get over my fear of video in 2012.